Thursday, May 14, 2009

MY Top Ten (or Twelve)

Ever since I moved on from writing my weekly food column in the Source, people have asked me if I would give them a COMPLETELY honest list of the best restaurants in Central Oregon. The inclusions are not surprising since I was always apt to gush. The exclusions are what I consider the honest part. Here are restaurants that I will always recommend even if they don't hit the mark every time. Breakfast, lunch or dinner; fine dining and grab and go - these are the establishments I couldn't live without even if I only visit them on special occasions . This list is dynamic and will fluctuate as restaurants open and close. Stay tuned for the Worst restaurants in Bend....

12. McKay Cottage
11. Baldy's BBQ
10. Long Board Louis'
9. Kokanee Grill
8. 28 (bread pudding pictured)
7. Pizza Mondo
6. Hola (chefs pictured)
5. Sumi's Japanese Restaurant
4. Zydeco
3. Chow
2. Jen's Garden
1. Sparrow Bakery (Ocean Rolls pictured)

Most Missed: Bistro Corlise
Second Most Missed: Deep

No comments: