Wednesday, November 18, 2009

So much has happened since I feel into the abyss of my MAT program. Yes, I went back to school to get my Masters in Teaching. It is an eccelerated secondary program and I will have my degree and teaching certificate in hand by the beginning of June. I love the teaching and the program is great but it allows little time for anything else, so my locavore tendencies have been put on the back burner and posting has become a thing of the past.
I am excited though about Lone Pine Coffee Company. Since I have not been writing about food any more (and have had my head down in a book for the last 6 months) I am totally out of the loop. Things are coming and going and I am not aware of it.

Lone Pine Coffee opened in Tin Pan Alley right around the corner from Thump about 9 months ago. It serves excellently prepared coffee drinks (embellished with the obligatory foam art) from their house roasted coffee, Village Baker Cookies and best of all Sparrow baked goods. That included the Sparrows new bread facility's, La Voy Baking, baguettes. They make French style sandwiches on the baguettes with Nieman's meats and fresh provolone cheese. Simple, clean and tasty. There is free wi-fi, a selection of teas and single bite chocolates for $.25. Thump and BellaTazza move over - there's another hot spot in the hood.

No comments: